OnePlus is back at it again, and is expected to be dropping yet another flagship phone, namely the OnePlus 7T Pro, just a week or so from now. This may get someone to ask the question, didn’t we just get the OnePlus 7 Pro? Well, you’d be correct. While it hasn’t been to long since the release of the OnePlus 7, the OnePlus model includes releasing a new phone every year or so, which is why we see this new rollout of devices so quickly after the last. However, how much does the 7T Pro upgrade exactly, find out in our spec breakdown below.
To read about the Android 10 update, click here
What is the OnePlus 7T Pro?
The OnePlus 7T Pro is the newest flagship phone from the OnePlus, coming just a short while after their last outing, the OnePlus 7 Pro. The “T” branding, is much like the “S” branding from Apple’s iPhone, a minor update coming in to bridge the gap between the two major mainstream releases. How much does the OnePlus 7T Pro change over it’s predecessor, we’ve lined up the spec sheet below.
What are the OnePlus 7T Pro Specifications?
The following are the most noteworthy specifications of the OnePlus 7T Pro:
- Fluid AMOLED front display panel. One of the best displays on the market makes a bold return, however, the AMOLED display takes a back seat to the refresh rate, which we’ll get to later. Nevertheless, this is a wonderfully detailed screen.
- Gorilla Glass 6 front panel. One of the first phones to feature Corning’s proprietary new technology when it comes to drop resistance. This should increase the durability and survivability of the OnePlus 7T Pro.
- 90 Hertz refresh rate on display. This is the big one again, first seen on the OnePlus 7 Pro. The wonderfully smooth 90Hz display makes a grand return on this phone, and it’s more than welcome.
- Android 10 preloaded unto device. Yet another massive feature, along with stock android devices, OnePlus too will be receiving Android 10, being able to roll out new software to go with their new hardware.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 855+ chipset with octa-core CPU. It seems only fitting that one of the best chipsets on the market is being placed on what is sure to be one of the best smartphones on the market upon release.
- 8GB RAM, with special McLaren edition having 12GB RAM. 8GB is fairly bog standard in this day and age, but should you opt to go for the special edition McLaren OnePlus 7T Pro, then you’ll be treated to 12 gigabytes of ram, which might be excessive, and difficult to even notice, but a few years later when the hardware gets older, it will make sure the phone doesn’t get dated too quickly.
- Triple rear camera, with 48 megapixel main shooter. This is really the main update on the “T” series, adding an additional camera. Seeing as Apple has done it with the iPhone 11, OnePlus is too featuring three distinct cameras on their new flagship. This feature is sure to improve camera performance, and make for more detailed shots with increased fidelity.
- Motorized 16 megapixel pop-up selfie camera. This feature makes a grand return from the OnePlus 7 Pro, and makes it so the screen can exist without having a notch bogging down the look.
- 2160p video recording at both 30 and 60 frames per second. This is a great feature, being able to record in 2K, at both 30 and 60 FPS makes it so beautiful videos can be shot with the new camera setup.
- Gyroscopic electronic image stabilization for video recording. This is great for motion recording, as the camera will electronically stabilize the image which will be in focus.
- In screen fingerprint sensor. A feature which has been around since the OnePlus 6T, and OnePlus continues to stand by despite other companies sticking to traditional fingerprint sensor.
- 4085mAH non removable battery. A fairly large battery, which should give one plenty of screen on time.
To read more about OnePlus 7T Pro, click here