Realme is back with their newest smartphone addition, the X2 Pro. This time, Realme is coming for the throat of the flagships out there. Surely, this phone is running a lot of premium features at a competitive price, and is sure to make a splash in the market. However, how does it fare against it’s competitors, and what are the standout specs? Find out in our piece right here.
To read about the new Google Pixel 4 XL, click here
What is the Realme X2 Pro?
There is one simple statement which will clear up this question easily, the Realme X2 Pro costs around INR 25,000. This puts it in the “flagship killer” range and market, putting it in direct contention with the Redmi K20 Pro, even sharing the Pro badging between phones. The strategy is similar too, undercut the flagship features, by reducing the price and keeping the top sellers.
What are the Realme X2 Pro Specs?
- All glass construction with Gorilla Glass 5 on both sides. A nice premium build quality to start things off, the Realme X2 Pro is all glass, but makes up for it by implementing the latest and greatest from Corning when it comes to drop resistance technology.
- Super AMOLED display across all devices in range. Another very premium feature, this is a fantastic display, and can go pound for pound with the best ones in the market today, including the Pixel and OnePlus.
- 90Hz refresh rate on the display panel. Three for three as of this point, high refresh rate screens are still not found on some flagships, like the iPhone 11, but have made it to the INR 25,000 Realme X2 Pro, quite shocking, but equally welcome.
- Android 9 pie out of the box, with planned update to Android 10 soon. A bit of a bummer, but after the planned update to Android 10 is executed, it will be fairly undeniable as to the software credentials of this Realme device.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 855+ chipset enabled. Yet another premium feature, even the Pixel 4 didn’t get the + treatment, but this phone does, and is sure to run smoothly at all times.
- 6, 8, and 12 GB RAM variants available. 12GB is a bit of an overkill, but it is great to see this level of customization in a phone of this price.
- 64, 128, and 256 ROM variants available. Same point as above, this level of customization is a fantastic addition.
- Quad rear camera setup with 64 megapixel main shooter. This is an absolutely ridiculous and ludicrous statistic, and in fact, set the world record for shooter with the largest megapixel count out of any smartphone ever. Realme’s sensor technology is unknown thus far, but most likely, it will be near impossible to take a bad shot with this phones rear camera setup.
- 16 megapixel front facing selfie camera with teardrop notch. This is sure to be a reliable sensor.
- In-display fingerprint sensor as standard. Rounding off the specs with another premium feature, great to see at this price.